Monday, May 11, 2009

Little History Lesson

So I thought I would fill you all in on how Little Miss Moon came to be. It has been a crazy last two years but oh what a fantastic ride it has been!!

In September of 2007 I finally got Stevo (my fantastic husband) to get hitched. We had been together for about 10 years and I said enough already I want the dress, the ring, and the big awesome party!! He of coarse took some convincing being of the "why buy the cow" mentality. But now I know he is wondering why the hell it took him so long. It was a fabulous wedding and well worth the wait!


Since we were on a roll we decided to starting trying for a baby. Well by December of that year I was pregnant. I think poor Stevo was hoping we would have to try for a bit longer but we were so ecstatic about the news. This was to be the first grandchild for my family and the first granddaughter for his. Needless to say everyone was thrilled!

At the time we were living in an adorable house by the sea in Half Moon Bay but it just wasn't big enough for our growing family. So in January of 2008 we packed up and moved to San Jose to a lovely house with a big back yard.



Then summer came..... piss poor planning on my part to be 9 months pregnant in the middle of summer in San Jose in a house with no air conditioning! Believe me when I say it was not a pretty sight!

But by August we had our amazing baby girl, Zoë Moon!!!!


While on maternity leave I was notified by my employer that I was being laid off. At first I freaked out and didn't now what I was going to do. But as it turns out it has been the best thing that ever could have happen!!!

I have always been obsessed with big, colorful, crazy accessories so I had to come up with something that Zoë could wear too. Being a bald baby, headbands seemed to be the perfect thing. So away I went designing fun little headbands that would undoubtedly answer the question "Yes, she is a girl!" People seemed to really like them so I made more and decided to give it a go on Etsy.

And thus, Little Miss Moon was born.

Now I am home having a blast with Zoë and I get to pursue my creative side as well. I am having so much fun with my online shop and doing craft fairs all over California. It is amazing how even when it seems bad, everything happens for a reason and good will always come out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment